Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hope for the Hopeless

Through a series of events, I ran into a caring bridge story that sort of breaks my heart. The story about Hope Blooms on July 21st, brought some interesting news. At first the feedback we were getting had alot to be desired. It actually gave me some doubts about what my intentions were/are. But as a dear friend reminds me, don't believe the lies. Well, anyway, my mom works in the St. Cloud area. She has had a few customers come in and let her know they saw the article. Well, one gentleman came in and told her about what his daughter has been doing. She started an organization called Kids Can. www.kidcanmn.org Her son has been battleing cancer. through chance, Mary, who started Kids Can, met a woman who's daughter was suffering cancer. Day after day this woman walked by a room with a little boy who also had cancer. He was in the foster care system, and no one hardly ever came to visit him. This family took on this little boy and later adopted him. So they are helping two children battle this ugly disease. Now isn't it time for something to be done about these children who are in need? How often does this occur? I am sure far more than any of us know. It is happening in our own back yard. God didn't call me to China to make a difference, he called me to Central Minnesota...now I just wish we had the funds to start! I need a rich uncle!~ Ü You can read a little about this story here
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/corinnewatters/mystory

Also, Mary from Kids Can put a little blurb about us on her son's caring bridge site. Every little bit helps. We are getting the word out, even though some are raining on our parade....some just don't understand ministry and trying to do good...

shan

No comments:

script language="JavaScript">

About Me

Minnesota, United States
I am a wife, mother to five children, 2 cats, 3 dogs. Hoping to be a mother to more children someday through adopting waiting children in Minnesota.