Friday, October 31, 2014

What Mask Do You Have?

I received this book to review but quickly read that there was a first book. So I downloaded the first book, To Know You on my kindle.

I really loved the first book. I can relate with the tough stuff the characters were going through. Character development was very good!

Each book tackled difficult content. Without the stigma of what comes with these issues. Life is so full of twists and turns and many times people find themselves doing or saying things they never thought they would say or do.

Veil of Secrets simply didn't have as good of character development as the first book in this series. I had a hard time following along at first with the characters. I enjoyed the over content of this book. But as I said, it was lacking better character development.

I hope Shannon Ethridge teams up with Kathryn Mackel to finish off the story of the last sister...I truly think content is what is needed in our broken society. I would love to see them build a great book with great characters.

Overall, I recommend these books. Everyone struggles in one area or another that is covered in these books, and it is done in a gentle way that doesn't leaving you feeling more guilt and shame.

I received this book from Book Look Bloggers for free. To post my review in my honest opinion. I have not been paid to post this review!

No comments:

script language="JavaScript">

About Me

Minnesota, United States
I am a wife, mother to five children, 2 cats, 3 dogs. Hoping to be a mother to more children someday through adopting waiting children in Minnesota.