Friday, June 19, 2009

MIA and stuff

It has been a few busy weeks.

Since our story aired on WCCO, we have felt God moving. But it seems like a painfully slow process at the moment. We want the millions now. But recently we have stepped back and are really trying to follow what God is calling us to do. His precence was felt telling us to work on the programing we want to do at HB. I truly felt Him saying I will take care of the big things...you take care of the small stuff. So that is what we are doing. Working on the smaller grants. I don't know what God has planned, but I felt that He was telling me to not worry about that right now.

Our motto verse has been part of James 1:27...take care of widows and orphans in their distress. I came across that verse last fall. Well, this week God has shown me that verse in two different books. I just started a Bible study on a book titled "What Happens When Woman Say Yes to God" Chapter 2 talks about this verse. The second is a book that I am reading Titled "Widows and Orphans" Which also happens to be based in Minneapolis and St. Cloud. The very beginning of this book quotes that same scripture.

Hope Blooms is a huge project. A God size project. We have had people support us to our face, and then we hear them down playing what we are doing. We have had unexpected people send us money to help with the mission of HB. WE have many prayer warriors...i am sure many that we don't even know. the first book I mentioned above talks about modern day listening to God is looked at as Radical..I guess our plans are pretty radical in the view of the world. God has already moved mountains, and I believe this whole idea was His idea, and He will continue to move mountains. We are on the brink of one of those mountains at this moment. There is no reason for us to be where we are State and IRS way. God got us here for His specific purpose. Come Lord Jesus...we are anxious to start helping these children!

Couple links for you to check out

www.mnadopt.org search for children on this site....tell me if your heart doesn't break.

also www.project127.org They are doing good things, but they have video listed that talks about adopting waiting children. You may not be called to adopt a waiting child...but do pray about how you can play an important role in the life of a child. Prayer and financial support is so important to many missions. Not just HB.

Blessings....
Shan

No comments:

script language="JavaScript">

About Me

Minnesota, United States
I am a wife, mother to five children, 2 cats, 3 dogs. Hoping to be a mother to more children someday through adopting waiting children in Minnesota.