Friday, March 13, 2015

Mercy's Rain



Mercy's Rain is a book that hooked me from the minute I started it. Usually I need to be in a mood to read a historical book. This one is set in the late 1800's in Tennessee. 

Mercy is the daughter of a Pastor. This Pastor simply gets away with TO MUCH! My heart goes out to this girl. Mercy endured alot in her short little life. She finally gets a chance to leave the only home she knows. Once she is able to leave, she is faced with many "ghosts in her closet". She relives the horrible things that happened to her, by a person she should trust, he father and a pastor. Mercy travels through the mountains and relives her past to finally put the past where is belongs....in the past.

I liked this book because we all have been through so much. In my life or family members close to me we have been through:
  • enduring suicide
  • depression
  • sexual abuse
  • sexual assault
  • diseases
  • cancer
  • alcoholism
  • teen pregnancies
  • adoption waiting
  • accusations of trafficking
When looking at this list I think back to overcoming most of these, and the process that it takes. It is hard. Life throws you so many things that can leave you feeling bitter. But God's Mercy rains and washes over you...freely. Yours for the taking. Right now!

I received this book from Kregel Productions to review. I am not paid for my review. 

No comments:

script language="JavaScript">

About Me

Minnesota, United States
I am a wife, mother to five children, 2 cats, 3 dogs. Hoping to be a mother to more children someday through adopting waiting children in Minnesota.