Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time flies when you're having fun?

You've all heard the saying, time flies when you are having fun. When you are in the midst of little ones running around. Wiping noses, changing diapers, doing laundry...being a wife. IT is such a crazy time. Time feels like it will never end. You go to bed and wake up and do the same things over again. BUT and I mean a big BUT, it IS gone in the blink of an eye. Oh how I wish I was teaching my kids how to use a scissors safely again. Or making koolaid play dough. Or cleaning up their little messes.

When they are getting ready to graduate, turn 18 and go to prom....you want to rewind the clock and start over again. Relive your regrets. Do over....rewind, erase, do over. Be the better mom.

At 18 I am sure I was more grown up than my soon to be 18 year old....wasn't I? I didn't think I was invincible. I thought I could do it all alone. Or was I the same way that my son is now? I feel as if he has some big time growing up to do. Even today as we were taking prom pictures, is little 12 year old brother was annoying him....cannot handle that like an adult now. Ü My grandma just recently told me, after a particularly tough time with my almost 18 year old.."he is stuck between a man and a boy." That is so tough.

Hang on to every moment that you can. It is gone in the blink of an eye.

Shan

No comments:

script language="JavaScript">

About Me

Minnesota, United States
I am a wife, mother to five children, 2 cats, 3 dogs. Hoping to be a mother to more children someday through adopting waiting children in Minnesota.