Wednesday, April 1, 2009

are you really a Christian?

I am not even sure where this post is going...maybe someone out there has a good point...someone to point me in the right direction...

A few months ago, my dear husband Wayne told me that I don't live in the real world. I surround myself with good Christian friends. But that isn't the real world. The real world is...people behaving on Sundays at church functions one way, but in the real world there is swearing, lying, stealing, anger...you can fill in the blank. I don't mean out right stealing or lying. Just the sneak into the game, it is almost half time, and no one will notice. Or the little white lies, or out of the same mouth comes praise, and cussing....

I have been hearing about people that I thought were "good Christians". People that cared about how they acted at home, as well as at church. But I have become disillusioned about those people that act two different ways. I just don't think this is right! What you see with me is what you get...I may be a little more crabby at home, it is after all my safe zone. But if i am nice to your face, I am nice behind your back...I mess up as much as the next person...but I am who I am! I have been called Miss Perfect. Which really irritates me. I don't think I am perfect, nor do I judge you for not being perfect. But the sexual jokes, cussing up a storm, especially in front of your children, that just isn't right...no matter who you are. What is really the kicker, many of the people that I am talking about have other people questioning Christianity because of their actions. If someone doesn't know if they believe in God or not, and see you acting this way...they don't find any value in your behavior, and it actually turns them off even more of God.

Now I am not judging anyone. That is God's job. I am just truly disappointed when I hear of others acting this way...Perfection is always something to strive for. We will see perfection some day. But what will you have to answer for? Leaders of churches......man I could go on! I am just sad by this. Imagine how God feels.

Shannon

No comments:

script language="JavaScript">

About Me

Minnesota, United States
I am a wife, mother to five children, 2 cats, 3 dogs. Hoping to be a mother to more children someday through adopting waiting children in Minnesota.