Friday, August 30, 2013

My heart is overwhelmed!

I love to help others. To help them feel loved. To make a difference. There are so many ways to help others. We can offer a listening ear, offer to carry some of their burdens, or share our resources. I would much rather be able to offer to help someone else...than to be on the receiving end....And right now we are on the receiving end....Or rather, We are the caretakers of the generosity for this little boy....
 This picture was taken on one of the last nights we spent with him in July.  We miss his laugh, his smile, his sense of humor. But we are hopeful that we will hear something soon. Which leads me to my overwhelmed heart!
Our families and some fire fighters are working hard on a fundraiser on Sept. 15th. We feel so blessed that this is simply happening. Shadrack will take medical care that is beyond some of what insurance will cover. But since I first announced this, We have 2 more people willing to make bake goods to sell. Plus one is letting her church know of this need. And out of the blue....another church takes donations on the first Sunday of the month...and this Sunday is for Shadrack! Can you believe this generosity? So yes, my heart is overwhelmed. The prayers that Wayne and I pray are simply that God uses Shadrack to touch each and everyone of you...Because, when you get to know him...he certainly will!
My grandmother...one of my biggest cheer leaders just gave me a card and poem...it was important for her to get it to me before Wayne leaves for work today...
"Heaven's Very Special Child"
"A meeting was held quite far from earth,
It's time again for another birth.
Said the Angels to the Lord above.
this Special child will need much love.
His progress may seem very slow,
Accomplishments he may never show;
And he'll require extra care,
From the folks he meets down there.
He may not run or laugh or play,
His thoughts may seem quite far away.
In many ways he won't adapt,
And he'll be known as handicapped.
So let's be careful where he's sent;
We want his life to be content.
Please Lord, find the parents who
will do a special job for you.
They will not realize right away,
the leading part they're asked to play.
But with this child sent from above,
comes a stronger faith and richer love.
And soon they'll know the privilege given,
In caring for this gift from heaven.
Their precious charge, so meek and mild,
Is heaven's very special child."
   Author unknown...
 
Oh my...tears to my eyes. What strikes me...is I know the blessing that Shadrack is. But YOU don't know. Cannot wait to show you!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

script language="JavaScript">

About Me

Minnesota, United States
I am a wife, mother to five children, 2 cats, 3 dogs. Hoping to be a mother to more children someday through adopting waiting children in Minnesota.